In close collaboration with our research institute partner MRI-STaR - Magnetic Resonance Institute for Safety,Technology and Research GmbH, early-stage R&D design support consulting is available from MRI-STaR to MR:comp customers in a separate and neutral set-up apart from MR:comp's later testing service in order to support manufacturers of medical devices, such as implants, instruments and accessories from the very beginning onwards.
Before testing of MRI safety and compatibility of your finished products, you can already in the R&D phase with the investigation of your design, by consulting and accompanying you with R&D questions in relation to ISO/TS 10974 and MRI in general. This could be of use to you at an early stage, to prevent important performance decrease due to MR interactions and rather optimize the devices MRI safety and compatibility performance.
After this step, in the prototype stage or when the product is ready for the market, our neutral and accredited test lab will be ready for conducting the actual MR safety and compatibility tests.
Overall this consulting step would help you to save costs, not only on your part, but also in terms of costs made by MR:comp testing service. As we know from our experience, an early stage collaboration leads to best MRI performance for implants and devices and likewise smoothens the product approval process. Therefore please consider for your financial and marketing benefit: MR safety and MR compatibility starts within the design phase!
During the design and development phase, while considering MR basics and product related demands MRI-STaR can help you with the following:
- Material selection (MRI-STaR)
- Design consideration (MRI-STaR)
- Development accompanying the MR test series (MRI-STaR / MR:comp)
- MR education of engineers, product, quality and sales personnel in our MR seminars (MRI-STaR)
- MR education in in-house seminars (on request) (MRI-STaR)
- Numerical simulation of electro-magnetic fields for the analysis of MR characteristics, e.g. for optimization of medical implants, instruments and devices (MRI-STaR)
- Riskmanagement (MRI-STaR / MR:comp)
We would be pleased to be of service to you! Contact us here!