Paris, France - "MR Safety Expert" (MRSE)
The seminar is especially designed for the MR physicists, technologists/radiographers, MR clinicians.
The seminar contents are in accordance with the following guidelines:
- ABMRS Syllabus
- DIN 6876-1
- OENORM 1125-1/2
- Dutch / MHRA / RANZCR Guidelines.
|H. Kugel, Ph. D.||Department of Clinical Radiology, University of Munster, Germany|
|H. Engels, Ph.D.||MR Safety Consultant, MR:comp and former MR Safety Director Philips Healthcare, The Netherlands|
|G. Schaefers, Dipl.-Ing. (FH)||MR Safety Testing Laboratory, MR:comp GmbH, Gelsenkirchen, Germany|
Seminar day 1 (8:00 to 17:45):
Hardware (static magnetic field, gradient and RF fields)
Physics (image generation, contrasts, artefacts, etc.)
Refresh of the physical principle
- MR Imaging techniques
- MR image acquisition
Hands-on course "Basics of MR imaging", 2 h lessons MR system handling
- Experience the interactions within the static magnetic field!
- Precautions and behaviour in the MR environment (staff & items)
- Various experiments: MR imaging (contrasts, artefacts, etc.)
Significant hazards MRI II (MR safety, the MR system and the MR worker – IEC 60601-2-33)
- General terms
- Presentation of hazards
- Technology of superconductivity and potential risks of cryogens
- Interactions of items (incl. implants) within the MR environment (static magnetic field, switched gradient and RF field)
- Current technical standards & guidance, MR testing methods
Seminar day 2 (8:30 to 17:40):
Significant hazards MRI I patient-specific
- Risks with respect to the static magnetic field
- RF field and gradient field
- Examples from clinical practice
- Contrast agents
- Access control to the scanner room
- Patient positioning
- Patient positioning
- Medical emergency
- Emergency exercises
Laws, regulations and clinical standards for MR operators
- Employee protection
Discussion with Get together dinner
Seminar day 3 (8:30 to 13:30):
- Finding the "worst-case"
- Labeling of devices for the MR environment
- Implant research
- Case studies
- Servicing and cleaning operations
- Documentation (training, accidents)
- MR:comp Certificate Examination (Multiple-Choice-Test), Optional ABMRS additional examination;
MR:comp certified MRSE exam is included (as well as F&B)
ABMRS MRSE exam can be done separately on the next official MRSE exam date (see offical dates on ABMRS website)
Course fee: see registration form. Students qualify for a 20% discount. Please send in a copy of an appropriate certificate providing your status.
In addition to the lectures, the seminar includes the script and meals (3 x breakfast snack, 2 x lunch, 1 x dinner, warm and cold beverages during the breaks). Place of seminar: Paris, France. Exact time schedule and venue see invitation and registration form below.
We would be very pleased to welcome you as attendee!